Duthler Academy offers a complete program that not only increases awareness, but that also makes awareness of a lasting nature and becomes demonstrable as required by the Avg. The program consists of the following components:
- A DPO who guides the program within your company and is the point of contact for your DPO or internal project manager;
- A kick-off meeting for management in which the set-up and purpose of the program are explained;
- Starting information for employees and an individual login to the interactive learning environment;
- Periodic feedback on the progress and results of your employees;
- Monthly news items that serve as input for internal newsletters, promotional material and work meetings;
- Learning at different levels, so no more than is necessary for the position;
- Annual additions to the e-learning to refresh the memory;
- Proof of the effective operation of the program by means of a certificate for your organization;
- Certificate for the employee after successful completion of each training;
- Various options for customization and coordination with your own organization.
The e-learning environment and the content
Each training consists of a number of modules, each dealing with one subject. Per topic it is discussed what the risks are and how they can be avoided. To make learning attractive, the modules mainly consist of simple, short films and animations, alternated with interactive questions and games. The combination of image and sound provides a better understanding and increases the learning result. Each time a module has been completed, a test is done. The results of the test are decisive for access to the next module. The training program is completed in this way step by step. The modules remain accessible to employees as long as the agreement is in effect. The training sessions can be followed from the PC, tablet or smartphone, at any convenient time and at your own pace.
Each training consists of the following 6 subjects and corresponding 6 modules:
- Introduction and purpose (the game): An introduction to the importance of data protection and privacy;
- What makes personal data indispensable and what damage could occur if something goes wrong with security?
- Security (the fort): Every organization takes measures to protect information. What are they and what is the role of the employee in this?
- Personal data (the treasure): Explanation of what personal data is and why this data is extra vulnerable.
- Workplace and environment (protection): Practical tools for the employee to handle personal data more safely at his or her workplace and in the immediate vicinity.
- Data leak (danger): Recognizing incidents and acting correctly when an incident occurs.
- Safe internet use (the rules of the game): The dangers of the internet and how these can be minimized.
- Keeping work and private life separate and being mobile safely.