The Data Protection Officer (DPO) training program is a two-year post-graduate level training. In addition to theoretical knowledge, this training also offers this practical foundation that a DPO needs to be able to provide adequate data protection and privacy within his or her organization. Interested parties who would like to receive further training in one or more parts of this training are welcome to follow one or more modules.
The training can largely be followed in your own time, because the modules are offered in an e-learning environment. Once a month you follow (online) classroom workshops.
The training is divided into 30 different modules in four clusters. Each module is concluded with the successful completion of an exam. It is possible to follow the entire training or to follow one or more modules of your choice.
The unique thing about following the DPO Training is the DPO Register. This includes both Registered DPOs (RDPO) and aspirant DPOs (ADPO). After successfully completing the first three modules of the DPO, you can already be included as a Prospective DPO in the DPO Register of Duthler Academy.
A. Formal Legal
- The introduction to privacy
- The GDPR and the changes compared to the Dutch data protection law (Wbp)
- The GDPR in an international perspective
- Privacy and related legislation
B. Governance & Compliance
- The DPO, duties, powers and responsibilities
- Governance & Compliance
- Data breach, what now?
C. Material, design, existence and operation of measures and mechanisms
- Overview & insight into the responsibilities & liabilities
- Transparency and enforcement of rights to data subjects
- Information security the basis for privacy protection
- Lifecycle privacy protection management
- Data Protection by design & Data Protection by default
- Retention periods
- Data portability
D. Assessment & audit
- Privacy Accounting
- Assessments (Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA))
- From Assessment to Auditing
After registration you will have direct access to all 30 modules of the DPO Training in the training portal of Duthler Academy. Here you can also register for the workshop of your choice.
The self-study takes approximately 480 hours and the workshop takes approximately 120 hours.
The total costs for the module are € 500 (excluding VAT and per person).
Duthler Academy works with several platforms:
Private individuals and government institutions are exempt from VAT.